Not sure exactly what you're getting yourself into? Check out the descriptions and duties of each volunteer spot.
Primary contact for the homeroom teacher, classroom parents and FTE Booster Club.
- Coordinate volunteers for classroom and related activities,
- Manage and distribute class roster to teacher and parents
- Work with homeroom teacher regarding classroom needs
- Keep classroom parents who volunteered up-to-date on their responsibilities
- Forward school emails to class parents (as needed)
- Create and manage classroom budget, collect optional class funds for reimbursement of expenses
- Purchase and present gifts from class for birthday, December holiday season and end of year.
- Attend grade-wide HRP meeting and HRP/Teacher meeting (Required)
- September Meeting: HRP Coordinator will meet with Kinder HRPs and Mrs. Purdy (Lead Teacher) to discuss HRP roles.
- Two class photographers for each classroom will take digital photos with their own cameras of homeroom class activities and events throughout the year.
- Provide 10 to 30 digital photos to be considered for use in the FTE Yearbook.
- Photo submission deadline is January 15th to Ms. Fromberg, Yearbook Editor.
- Photos should be saved “Title-Class-Grade” (i.e. Valentines-Linder-Kinder) Ms. Fromberg will provide more specific details.
- SAVE PHOTOS for future 5th Grade Graduation Slide show! Group shots of around 3 kids will be best for this.
- Depending on grade-level, either fall or spring only volunteer commitment.
- Typically, (nine) 1 hour garden visits throughout the semester; schedule TBD.
- Lead the students in garden-related activities following talking points from Life Lab, a school garden curriculum. The hands-on activities and planting plan reinforce the EISD Science Learning Targets for Parts of Plants.
- Garden experience preferred but not necessary.
- All tools, lessons, activity supplies, planting plan, and plants/seeds are provided.
Copy Room Volunteer (Kinder only - Weekly)
This volunteer will support the homeroom teacher with any copy room needs once a week. Day and time are flexible based on the volunteer's schedule. Approximately one hour shift. Possible training required by Copy Room Chair for die-cut machine and laminating machine usage.
Hot Air Balloon Volunteer (3rd Grade Only)
- Week-long project for grade.
- Volunteers will help the third grade class create a whimsical papier-mâché hot air balloon.
- A variety of different tasks will be completed for this project, such as taking pictures of individual students and cutting out their photos, creating die-cuts, cutting strips of paper, helping students decorate, hanging balloons after completion.
- No experience with papier-mâché needed. Instructions for the craft will be provided by the teachers.
Fun Friday Club Leader (5th Grade Only)
This is your chance! Come share your passion in leading a small group of 5th graders. Clubs will be held from 3-3:30pm on Fridays for 6 week sessions. Fifth grade teachers are open to all ideas, but some clubs in the past have included stop-motion animation, gardening, yoga, fitness/running, crochet and knitting, cupcake decorating, sketching/cartooning, movie making, simple crafts, Lego challenges, basic robotics, and more! Please sign up for a 6 week session and include your idea for the club.
-----CLASS EVENTS VOLUNTEER-----
Class Party Coordinator & Volunteer
- The party coordinator discusses with homeroom teacher the party details and vision.
- Party coordinator and volunteers work together to create a party.
- Each party typically has 4 stations, each one is managed by a volunteer.
- All four volunteers come early to set up, facilitate the stations and stay for cleanup.
- A portion of homeroom budget allocated for party reimbursement. Homeroom parents will provide party planning guidelines to help with party planning.
- There are three class parties throughout the year: Winter Party, Valentine's Party and End of Year Party.
- Homeroom parents will provide guidelines to help with party planning.
- The End Of Year Party is a Grade-Level party and volunteers will work with other classes in planning.
- The Coordinator of End of Year Party will be from the class of the grade's Lead Teacher.
Help your teacher celebrate their birthday by bringing them lunch. The volunteer will reach out to the teacher the week before their birthday and determine the best day and time for this lunch to be delivered. Cost of lunch should be minimal and will be covered by this volunteer. The lunch should be given on behalf of the homeroom class.